He got the boot from Strictly Come Dancing after 13 years.
And Brendan Cole revealed he would happily hang up his dancing shoes for a stint on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here.
The sacked Strictly Come Dancing professional, 41, told The Daily Star he will have a lot of ‘sudden free’ time to pursue a different career path.
‘I’ve got a lot of free time’: Axed Strictly dancer Brendan Cole (pictured in London, May 2017) revealed I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here jungle could be on the cards
Axed Brendan had always been tied to the BBC dancing show between July 31 and Christmas so he wasn’t able to be try out other opportunities.
While the New Zealand hunk confessed I’m A Celebrity could be on the cards, he ruled out going on Celebrity Big Brother.
The dancer told the publication: ‘Doors come along and you open them and you choose to walk a different path.
‘I have never had from July 31 until Christmas off. I have never been able to take on any other responsibilities, not even the odd corporate job because your time is devoted to Strictly.
Give it a go? The sacked Strictly Come Dancing professional told The Daily Star he will have a lot of ‘free’ time to pursue a different career path (Ant and Dec pictured in November 2017)
‘Now that time is all of a sudden free, all of the things I wanted to do is now available.’
Furious Strictly producers reportedly sacked the professional dancer after 13 years and 15 series on the show because of his ‘fiery personality’.
Insiders told MailOnline: ‘Fiery Brendan was sacked after 13 years and 15 series on the show for creating negative press and for his on-air outbursts.’
But the television star showed his emotional side as he broke down in tears while discussing his sacking during an interview on Lorraine on rival channel ITV.
He said: ‘This is hard to talk about. The BBC haven’t renewed my contract. They have made an editorial decision not to have me back on the show.
Heartbreaking: The television star showed his emotional side as he broke down in tears while discussing his sacking during an interview on Lorraine on rival channel ITV
‘I have had 15 incredible series on the show, they are a great team. I am very disappointed. It’s an editorial decision. I will never know the ins and outs.’
The former Strictly star went onto tell Daily Mail exclusively how not returning to the dancing show was like ‘not being invited to the party’.
‘I’ve had pretty much every range of emotions over the last week from sadness to excitement. I love . . .’ He told us, ‘I loved being a pro on Strictly. I loved the fact I was there from the beginning. One of the saddest bits is that it will go on and I won’t be a part of it. It’s like not being invited to the party. You know they’re having a good time and you want to be a part of it.’
The fiery personality famously rowed with new head judge Shirley Ballas during the latest series as well as Bruno Tonioli.
Heated exchange: The fiery personality famously rowed with new head judge Shirley Ballas (pictured) during the latest series as well as Bruno Tonioli
Another source told MailOnline: ‘The judges did not want him back. The rows he had in the last series with judges Shirley Ballas and Bruno Tonioli were the last straw.
‘Brendan was stubborn and did not back down, which created an atmosphere backstage at the last series.
‘The producers believe no one is bigger than the show. Not one judge has reached out to him which says a lot. He was not popular. His time was up and it seemed like Brendan was the last to know.’
Meanwhile, the BBC told MailOnline: ‘We’d like to thank Brendan for being part of the show since the beginning – winner of the first series – and for the contribution he has made to its success. We wish him all the very best for the future.’
Moving on: Furious Strictly producers reportedly sacked the professional dancer after 13 years and 15 series on the show because of his ‘fiery personality’